Friday, 4 October 2013

Rag Quilt

This is a first for me.  It was very easy to make and turned out quite rustic looking.


The back is the same so it can be used as a normal quilt too. I just took two squares of the same  fabric, sandwiched batting in between and sewed a cross on them to hold the batting in place. Then sewed each square together with a half inch seam.  Once it was all pieced I clipped the seams and washed the quilt. I then called a washing machine repair man as the frayed cotton blocked the pump! Next it was wrung out by hand cos of said washing machine malfunction and eventually dried in the tumble dryer where it went all fluffy on the clipped edges. The fabric is cotton home spun and I got it on sale cos it is normally expensive.  Flannel can be used to or normal cotton if you are patient waiting for it to fray as it takes  few more washes to get the "look".

No comments:

Post a Comment